1. What did you want to be when you grew up, and how does it compare with being a DJ?
Growing up, I wanted to be a teacher! I used to play "school" a lot with my sisters. I even worked as a Teacher's Assistant for a few years. If you told me 10 years ago I was going to be a DJ, I probably would have laugned in your face. I've always had a love for music, but never thought I'd be able to do anything with it.
2. What's your idea of a perfect weekend in San Diego?
A perfect weekend in San Diego would be hanging out with my friends and family. On Saturday, we'd go to the beach, do some boogie boarding (I don't know how to surf), maybe play some football. Then I'd take my niece and newphews bike riding in Coronado. On Sunday, I'd go to Balboa Park with my family and just walk around and enjoy everything around us. I used to do it every Sunday with my family and we'd have so much fun just running around. We didn't have much growing up, so we'd always go there because it's beautiful and it's free :) And of course, it'd be nice and warm out so I could wear my favorite sun dress and flip flops.
3. How did you end up in San Diego?
Born and raised, baby! Yeah. I'm a proud San Diegan.
4. What's your favorite thing about San Diego?
Aside from the weather, I love the diversity. I love being able to go to different neighborhoods, trying different types of foods, and discovering new restaurants. And I love the fact that we can go to the mountains (shout out to Julian and their bomb apple pies!), then take a 40-minute drive and be at the beach!
5. What's your favorite song on the radio right now?
"For the First Time" by The Script.
6. You can only have five meals for the rest of your life. What are they?
This one's tough! OK, here goes...
1. Any one of my mom's dishes. Her Vietnamese food is amazing! She makes everything... pho, stir fry, soups, desserts... yummy!
2. My aunt's fried chicken. I don't know what she puts in it, but it's the best fried chicken ever!
3. BBQ from Everett & Jones. It's this mom-and-pop place up in Berkeley where they smoke their meat all day. It's a whole-in-the-wall type of place that only stays open until they run out of food. The ribs there are the best! The meat just falls off the bone, and all their sides are homemade. To this day, it's the best BBQ I've had.
5. California burrito and carne asada fries!
7. And what would you wash all that down with?
A nice cold bottle of Coke.
8. If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
I would be a panda bear! Not because they come from Asia, but because they're super chill. I could lay around all day...eat bamboo...and sleep. I love to sleep.
9. If someone wrote a biography of your life, what would the title be?
"Pho-rum (From) Geek to Chic"? LOL. I don't know. I don't think my book would sell. :)