1. What did you want to be when you grew up, and how does it compare with being a DJ?
I knew I wanted to work in radio since I started as an intern at the age of 16. Before that, I did the usual: manager at McDonalds, fireman, policeman, etc...Looking back on home videos, it's obvious that I would be on the radio.
2. What's your idea of a perfect weekend in San Diego?
My perfect weekend is waking up on Saturday with a good cup of coffee and the paper (Yes, the actual paper). Then I'd watch my son Jordan play T-ball, and watch my daughter Angelica at her softball game. Then I'd have dinner with my wife and kids, and maybe watch a movie. Sunday it's all about church and family.
3. How did you end up in San Diego?
I moved here in 1997 from Jacksonville, Florida. I drove a U-haul out here and never looked back.
4. What's your favorite thing about San Diego?
There isn't enough room to list everything I love about this town!
5. What's your favorite song on the radio right now?
This changes so much. If you are reading this in 10 years this will seem odd. I like "Adele Rolling in the Deep."
6. You can only have 5 meals for the rest of your life. What are they?
1. Carne Asada
2. Fish tacos
4. More carne asada
5. Anything my wife Karon makes!
7. And what would you wash all that down with?
A good Mexican beer.
8. What is your biggest vice?
Pizza. I LOVE pizza.
9. If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
A small dog, It would be cool for someone to carry me in a high end purse and be able to listen to all the gossip.
10. If someone wrote a biography of your life, what would the title be?
"Really!?" That would be the title because I have been blessed in my life, and when you look back at the cool things and my awesome family, it really makes you wonder if it's all real.